Bracelets are amazing jewellery pieces for a man and a woman. They are extremely graceful, presentable and gain people's attention immediately. Moreover, bracelets are perfect for all occasions and you can wear them on a daily basis as well.
Bracelet should sparkle, but exposure to dirt, sun, chemicals, and moisture can dull your favorite jewelry pieces over time. Beautiful hand piece may get tarnished or deposit a layer over it that makes it look old and lose lustre.
Fortunately, there are many ways by which you can clean your bracelets and make them look like new again. Before explain you ways to clean bracelet, let us tell you when to remove bracelet to care for it:
- Remove your bracelets before swimming in the ocean, pool or soaking in a hot bath tub.
- Do not wear bracelets when applying moisturizer, sunscreen, tanning lotion, or cologne.
- Remove your bracelet before gardening.
Now, take a look at some of the methods of caring bracelets.
How to take Care of Bead Bracelets
A beautiful, one of a kind piece of the beaded bracelet is something of value. It's a work of art and a unique hand piece unlike any other in the market. Therefore, it is essential to take good care of the triple beaded bracelets so that they look fresh and new always.
Further, proper care will not only help prevent damage but ensures the natural beauty of beads. To ensure your bracelets will stay beautiful for years, considering doing the following:
- After wearing, clean your bracelet with a soft cloth.
- Put cosmetics first, and then wear a bracelet so that it will not get affected by chemicals.
- Store your beaded bracelet separately in a jewellery box or pouch.
Now let's take a look at the caring steps of different beaded style bracelets.
Gemstone Bracelets Cleaning Instructions
Natural crystals and gemstones absorb your negative energy as well as the energies surrounding them. Therefore, colored gemstone beaded bracelets need regular cleaning.
Following are the cleaning steps for gemstone bracelets:
- First, clean your bracelet with warm water. Do not use detergent.
- If there is any discoloration or build upon the beads of your bracelet, then clean it with a soft cloth before using warm water on it.
- To clean the beaded bracelets, scrub them gently with a soft cloth and dry them softly with a dry cloth.
- In the end, polish the metal-plated beads with a clean, soft cloth
How to Clean Lava Beads
Lava rock beads are famous as natural diffuser wearable, and this is why many men and women would love to wear lava beads bracelets.
But, regular cleaning of Lava beaded macrame bracelets is a must to make then last longer and diffuse sent.
Here are the steps that you can follow in cleaning the java beaded bracelet:
- Use soap and water: to clean the lava beads, you can use mild soap and water. Get lukewarm water in a bowl and add any mild soap to it. After that, mix the soap and water until bubbles form.
- Now, submerge your favorite lava beads bracelets for a few seconds in the mixture and take them out. Dry it with a clean, soft cloth.
- With warm water and vinegar: Take a bowl and put water as well as vinegar in it. After that, mix the fluid until you get an even solution. Now, dip a clean cloth in the mixture and gently rub the lava bead with it.
How to Clean Turquoise Beads
A bracelet with Turquoise beads is precious and reflects the culture of many countries. It's more than just a decorative element.
The beauty of natural gemstone in shades of green or blue makes the turquoise bracelet look amazing.
Here is a handy guide for you to clean a Turquoise bracelet without tarnishing it.
- Take a small bowl of warm water, a soft toothbrush, and a soft drying towel.
- Wet the toothbrush in warm water and gently scrub it on the Turquoise stones in the bracelet.
- Do small sections at a time and dry with the soft cloth.
Note: Never use any cleaning chemicals or soaps to clean the Turquoise bracelet. This means that you should avoid cleaning turquoise with acids or any cleaning chemical.
How to Clean Amethyst Beads
The eye-catching gemstone is famous for using bracelets. Amethyst stones are quite hard and durable. Wearing a bracelet made of Amethyst stones on a regular basis leads to the accumulation of dirt and other particles on them.
Over time, the shine, as well as the brightness of the crystal, starts fading. Here are some steps to clean the amethyst beads:
- Make a mixture of lukewarm water and mild soap in a bowl or bucket.
- Now, immerse the amethyst bracelet in the solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use a soft brush to wipe off the dust from the gemstone or bracelet.
- Now, dip a soft cloth in the cleansing mixture and rub it on the bracelet gently.
- Finally, wipe the beads with a clean, soft cloth.
How to Clean Howlite Beads
Howlite is a borate mineral that has a white stone appearance. Howlite charm beaded bracelet is a famous gemstone for men, bracelets and women.
Here are the cleaning steps that you can follow:
- Take lukewarm water and mild soap
- Submerged the howlite beaded bracelet in it
- Take it out after a few minutes and dry with a soft cloth
Note: If you have a dyed Howlite bracelet, don't immerse it in soapy water. Also, avoid wearing the bracelet while doing activities such as exercising or cooking.
How to Clean Hematite Beads
Hematite, a form of iron ore, and is the reason why a layer gets deposit on its beads.
It is a good idea to clean your bracelet containing hematite beads to remove oils, makeup, hairspray and other pollutants.
Follow the following steps for cleaning of hematite beaded bracelet:
- The best way to clean a hematite bracelet is with mild liquid soap and warm water.
- Dip the bracelet in the solution of water and mild soap.
- Use a soft cloth or brush to rub the beads in solution.
- Pat dry with soft cloth and store in a safe place.
How to Clean Opal Beads
Opals are precious and sedimentary gemstones, and opal bracelets are very popular among men as well as women.
If you own a charm bracelet with opal beads, you should clean them regularly to maintain the shine and grace of the bracelet.
Never use mechanical methods like ultrasonic, steam, or boiling to clean the opal bracelet. Simply use water and mild soap just like other gemstones to clean the opal beads.
How to Take Care of Leather Bracelets
From suits to sweatshirts, men's leather bracelets complement every look and style. Also, leather bracelets look great on women's wrists too.
Here the tips to take care of your unique leather bracelet:
- Keep your leather bracelets away from water: Genuine leather is like skin, meaning it's porous and not hundred percent waterproof. Water can damage the leather bracelet and cause it to deteriorate.
- Avoid wearing a leather bracelet in excessive heat: It is better to not wear a leather bracelet when cooking and sleeping.
Do not apply creams and lotions on leather: Take your iconic leather bracelet off when applying lotions, creams or oils on the body.
They can build up a film on your leather handpiece that can dull the look of your bracelet.
- Keep your bracelet clean. To clean men's leather bracelets, use a slightly damp cloth with a drop of mild hand soap and gently wipe it down.
All in all, with proper care, your leather bracelet will last longer and will not smell bad.
How to Clean Silver Bracelets
Silver is a soft and lustrous metal that is generally used in making jewellery, including bracelets. The chain bracelets in silver look amazing on every wrist size. To keep the silver bracelet look new, cleaning is the key.
Follow the following steps to clean silver chained bracelets:
- Take warm water in a bowl and add a few drops of mild liquid soap to it.
- Mix the soap and water until bubbles form.
- Soak the silver bracelet in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, use a soft-bristle brush to clean any crevices from the bracelet surface.
- In the end, gently rub the silver bracelet with a soft microfiber towel.
Note: Avoid using paper towels to dry the silver bracelet.
There are many types of silver bracelets, so let's find out the ways to clean them in the below section.
How to Clean Sterling Silver Bracelets
Sterling silver is a precious metal, and it needs to be cleaned carefully.
- To clean the Sterling Silver bracelet that is lightly tarnished, use a chemically treated polishing cloth.
- For a Sterling Silver bracelet that is badly tarnished, use cleaning agents like Tarn-x to clean the handpiece.
How to Clean Silver Bracelets with Stones
When there are gemstones involved in the silver bracelet, the cleaning process becomes different.
In this case, you should avoid using harsh chemicals to clean the silver bracelet with stones. It is better to use only water and a soft cloth to clean the silver bracelet with a gemstone.
However, you can use mild soap if the gemstone is scratch free or is not colored.
How to Clean Gold Bracelets
A jewellery cleaning solution specifically created for gold is a safe and effective way to keep your gold bracelet in shape.
How to Clean Yellow Gold Bracelets
Yellow gold is not only a precious material, but it is a treasure that outshines others of its kind. To ensure the yellow gold bracelet shines forever, you will need to clean it properly.
Here are the steps that you can follow to clean yellow gold bracelet:
- Mix a small amount of dish detergent in warm or lukewarm water.
- After that, add a few drops of ammonia to the mixture.
- Take a soft bristle brush and scrub the bracelet gently.
- Place the clean bracelet in lukewarm water to rinse.
- In the end, dry it carefully with a soft bath towel.
How to Clean White Gold Bracelets
White gold is very popular among youngsters. But, the composition of white gold demands proper care and cleaning as well. To clean your white gold bracelet, follow the below tips:
- Prepare a solution by mixing lukewarm water and mild soap. Do not use detergents or harsh chemicals.
- Now, soak your white gold bracelet in the solution for 20-30 minutes. And, then gently rub the bracelet to remove dirt. After this, dry it with a soft cloth.
How to Clean Rose Gold Bracelets
Rose gold gets its pink color from copper content. You can clean a rose gold bracelet like other gold jewellery, but take proper care to preserve its color and uniqueness.
- Washing with Soap and Water: Use a solution of soap and water to clean the rose gold bracelet. You can follow the same steps as white gold for this cleaning process.
- Cleaning with Vinegar and Salt: Take vinegar in a bowl and add a small amount of salt to it. Now put your rose gold bracelet in the solution and rub with a soft brush. After that, dry it with a soft towel.
Note: do not use vinegar and salt if your rose gold bracelet has stones or diamond
How to Clean Gold Bracelets with Diamonds
If you own a gold bracelet with diamond, then the best way to clean it by using a water and soap solution.
Soak your bracelet for about 20 to 40 minutes in the soapy solution, gently brush the diamond with a soft toothbrush. In the end, rinse under warm running water.